Joint issues plague nearly 1 in 3 adults, most often after age 35. Chronic, aching pains of the musculoskeletal system hamper mobility, work, and overall well-being. Acute flare-ups can inhibit basic movement even within one's own home.
Home Remedies for Joint Health
- Therapeutic exercise. Moderate physical activity boosts nutrient supply and improves cartilage condition.
- Massage problem areas. Massage increases blood flow to tissues, activating cell metabolism. Circular motions, strokes, and kneading decrease inflammation and restore joint function. Daily massage can provide long-lasting relief.
- Herbal compresses and ointments. Applying cabbage juice, rich in organic compounds, is a popular technique. Place the compress on affected joints, cover with plastic wrap and secure with a bandage overnight. This reduces swelling and increases mobility.
- Natural ointment rubs. Create an alcohol infusion of dandelion, stored 2 weeks. Strain and massage into joints. Combine propolis and aloe vera with sunflower oil for an anti-inflammatory ointment.
- Rejuvenating baths with sea salt, 3 times weekly. Combine with massage for enhanced benefits.
- Balanced nutrition. Include healthy fats, proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals daily to nourish joints.
A variety of wholesome foods helps protect joints from further damage. Losing excess weight also reduces joint strain.
What Causes Joint Problems?
Deformities of the joints have numerous causes. Physical factors like overuse, excess weight, and manual labor wear down joint health over time.
Internal issues also contribute: chronic infections, hormonal changes, systemic diseases. Age-related changes degrade cartilage integrity. Treatment should be overseen by a doctor. Alongside medication, time-tested natural methods help restore and maintain joint health. All are effective, affordable home remedies.
We've compiled the top 10 natural products and techniques you can use to find relief from joint problems.